News

Covid-19: JN. 1 poses no significant threat, says Health Ministry

Published

on

The Ministry of Helath (MoH) yesterday (26) said that though the new strain of SARS-CoV-2 virus, which caused the coronavirus pandemic, had been detected in dozens of countries, it did not pose a significant threat here.

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Tuesday categorised the JN.1 as a “variant of interest”. After first being spotted in the United States in September, the variant has spread across 41 countries.

The Health Ministry stressed that checks carried out in the past few days hadn’t led to the detection of a single case of Covid-19 though there were a few cases reported during the past several months.

Click to comment

Trending

Exit mobile version